Monday, December 15, 2008

Winter and bicycles

Winter is here, as much as I've tried to ignore it. Today is the first truly cold day we've had, and it was a "brisk" bicycle ride to the shop this morning.




Tami and I are trying to drive as little as possible this year, and that means bundling up and enjoying the crisp air in the morning, and the dark ride home in the evening. It's not a long ride, but it just makes me feel better to have that little bit of exertion each day, not to mention the "reduced carbon footprint". We've put less than 3000 miles on the car in the last year-and-a-half, so I suppose it will last longer as well.

Riding has also given me more energy lately, leading to more activities... I can't wait to get the skis out! Or go snowboarding! Or take a hike! Usually this time of year I get down in the dumps and just want to hide out inside, but this year I'm finding that I want to get out more.

If you haven't ridden for awhile, dust off the bike. Take a ride! It's good for the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment