Saturday, January 3, 2009

RIP Bonnie Kitty

It was a rough end to the year. Our beloved Bonnie, our "baby" for 16 plus years put up a brave fight against both diabetes and kidney failure, but she just couldn't fight anymore. We had to put her down on the last day of the year. A terrible New Year's Eve.

Bonnie was truly the most loveable, affectionate, sweetest pet we've ever had. She lived to be held and petted. If we didn't kiss her enough, she'd gently press her forehead to your lips, or touch her wet nose on yours, purring all the time. She was a terrible predator; I don't think she had enough "mean gene's" to even feed herself if she had to.
It's amazing how much joy a little furball can bring into our lives. No matter how down I would get, I always felt better when Bonnie would climb on my lap and share her warmth.

Rest in Peace Bonnie Kitty. We will miss you forever.


Bonnie Sheppard. April 1, 1992-December 31, 2008






2 comments:

  1. Hey, Duke.... (pun not intended)- So sorry to hear about Bonnie, I'm sure you miss her somethin' fierce. But she sure looks like she had a fabu life with you guys... what a great thing that was for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys made the hardest, most compassionate, decision based on love that could ever be made. And she thanks you for it. She counted on you to make the right decisions throughout her life and the final one as well. I had to do this myself a year and a half ago, and while I think I've healed a lot, hearing about other cat situations still reduces me to tears. Life would be better if mother nature always took care of everything and we didn't have to make these decisions. *hugs to you and Tami* The pain does fade in time.

    ReplyDelete